[pulseaudio-discuss] Tap sound from one process

Magnus Ekhall magnus.ekhall at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 01:09:53 PDT 2013

Hello,

I want to record the output of one program but at the same time being able
to hear the sound normally. Basically I want some sort of T-connection
before the mixer (I do not want to tap the sound at the mixer as that would
give me the sound output of all applications).

I've been trying to get something like that set up using pactl and parec
but with no success.

I guess I need to write a module or something. Does anyone have a rough
idea on how it could be done? (I'm new to this)

/Magnus