[pulseaudio-discuss] PA UCM support (Volume and Jack)

Felipe Tonello eu at felipetonello.com
Mon Aug 5 11:43:25 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm using UCM configurations to handle multiple devices and
playback/capture mixer controls. It seems that PA UCM implementation
just store the PlaybackVolume PlaybackSwitch properties but doesn't
make any usage of it.

What I want to do is basically to be able to change hardware volume
instead of just software volume. When I plug a Headphone, for
instance, I want PA to change the volume of the alsa control that I
specified by PlaybackVolume in the UCM file not just the sink volume.

Is that possible to do? Does it require a patch or some work?

Also, jack support for UCM seems to have a bug. For when using UCM
support, when I start PA or change a card profile with a jack
previously plugged, it doesn't recognizes that unless I unplug and
plug again.

Any comments on that as well?

OBS: I'm using PA 3.0.

Thanks in advance,