[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio on raspberrypi

Jim Duda jim at duda.tzo.com
Thu Aug 22 17:44:41 PDT 2013

On 08/20/2013 06:29 PM, Alex Schenkman wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Have you tried using RTP instead of a tunnel?
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/Network/#index2h3

Hmm, that might actually work.  You can use different port numbers to emulate the tunnel connection
to different specific host addresses.  One only needs different RTP port numbers if you want to
direct specific audio to specific devices.

I haven't been using RTP to date, because I have a couple of old devices on my home LAN which don't
properly filter RTP traffic and stop working properly.  I could find other ways to resolve this issue,
or finally decide to retire these devices.

Thanks for the tip!!

Jim