[pulseaudio-discuss] An raop2 support

Hajime Fujita crisp.fujita at nifty.com
Tue Aug 27 22:48:55 PDT 2013

Hello,

Recently I found that the current PulseAudio did not support the latest
AirPlay audio streaming, so I started to brush up the raop2
implementation based on Christophe Fergeau and Martin Blanchard's
implementation.

Here is my ongoing work.
https://github.com/hfujita/pulseaudio-raop2 (repo)
http://hfujita.github.io/pulseaudio-raop2/ (brief document)

My primary goal is to enjoy musics in my AV receiver from Linux, but a
vague ambitious is to get the code merged into upstream so that anyone
can use the feature by just using distro packages.

Current status:
* Plays music with Pioneer VSX-43.
* Sound test (launched from the GNOME sound setting dialog) does not
work (no sound heard).
* When stop playing music and then start again, PulseAudio may go into
an abnormal state (no sound/hang up/crash).
* Works reasonably fine with VLC/totem but when playing music from
Rhythmbox, quite rough sound is heard.
* Packet retransmission is not supported yet.

I'm very happy to hear any sort of suggestions.
In the near future I may ask several technical questions about
PulseAudio internals.

Thanks,
Hajime