[pulseaudio-discuss] Sound not working

Daniel windseeker at gmx.de
Mon Dec 2 06:50:24 PST 2013

2013/12/2 James Board <jpboard2 at yahoo.com>

> D: module-udev-detect.c: /dev/snd/controlC1 is accessible: no
> D: module-udev-detect.c: /dev/snd/controlC0 is accessible: no

Your user has no permission to access audio hardware. I cannot tell why.
You could create a new user with the distribution favored tools. If this
user can have sound: Good, move over the data to the new one. If not, I
suggest reinstall.

If you insist into fixing your broken setup and/or user account settings,
please hire some linux expert (may also read: "ask in your circle of
friends") and let him check your system on-site. In depth debugging of a
misconfigured system is impossible over mailing lists (and out of scope,
too). Thank you for your understanding.