[pulseaudio-discuss] Sound not working

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 2 11:12:57 PST 2013

>To be honest to you: Pulseaudio is working just fine here. It plays the wav file without issues. It uses the best output that your system is offering to pulseaudio: null-sink. Pulseaudio said openly that your system is not permitting access to the real audio hardware.

Okay thank you for your honesty.  What part of the output from 'pulseaudio -vvv' said that my system was not permitting access to the real audio hardware?  I looked at the log.  What makes you think that my system is not allowing access to audio hardware?

I could re-install the OS, and I plan to do that.  But this is already a fairly fresh install (2 months old) and I don't think that will fix the problem.  Also, the distribution is CentOS, which is RedHat.  RedHat is the most respected names in Linux distributions.

It surprises me that you suggest I pay a Linux Expert in order to get pulseaudio to play music.  Windows, MacOS, Android, and every other machine on the market does this automatically.