[pulseaudio-discuss] Routing audio from one sound card to another

Dolevo Jay cmst at live.com
Tue Dec 3 04:10:01 PST 2013

Hi all,

I am very new to pulseaudio and also to in this mailing list.
I have a pc where I have two sound cards. I have a software application which receives audio signals from network and plays it using alsa. However, I have two sound cards in the system and I need to have the same audio from the other sound card as well. I tried to do this in alsa but couldn't manage it. Therefore, I ended up here in pulseaudio. However, I have no idea where to start and how to implement it. Is it just a matter of configuration file? My purpose is to copy the audio which is being played in the other sound card.

Thanks a lot for your guidance.