[pulseaudio-discuss] Pause a audio stream

sathishkumar sivagurunathan sathish1000 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 09:03:34 PST 2013

Hi Tanu,
Thanks for the reply.. I was able to get over the problem..

I have added the new function to cork to pulseaudio.. Compiled pulseaudio..
Hence I currently have a local copy of pulseaudio..

The problem I am facing is pulseaudio terminates abruptly..

I run it from the local directory using the command

src/pulseaudio -n -F src/default.pa -p $(pwd)/src/.libs/ -vvvv

from the link
http://colin.guthr.ie/2010/09/compiling-and-running-pulseaudio-from-git/..

I tried to adjust the idle time to -1.. But that too doesnt work out..

Current case..

1) I start pulseaudio using the above command..

2) Pulse audio waits infinitely for an audio input..

3) But if the audio input closes, pulse audio terminates within 20 secs..

Can you guys help me on this ??

Thanks,

Sathish