[pulseaudio-discuss] Pause a audio stream

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com
Fri Dec 20 07:14:11 PST 2013

On Fri, 2013-12-20 at 20:24 +0530, sathishkumar sivagurunathan wrote:
> Thanks Tanu,
>

> I followed your instructions. I was able to solve this problem. I had made
> the new function “GLOBAL”. I edited the “map-file” in src folder of
> pulseaudio to include the newly created function.
>

> I was also able to successfully compile my test program too..
>

> But when I run the binary, I am getting relocation error..
>

> ./pa_listclients_pause: relocation error: ./pa_listclients_pause: symbol
> pa_context_set_sink_input_paused, version PULSE_0 not defined in file
> libpulse.so.0 with link time reference
>

> I am not able to understand this error..

I had a similar problem just a couple of days ago. In my case the
problem was that the linker didn't search libraries from /usr/local/lib
where the new version of libpulse was installed, so the linker chose an
old version instead which didn't have the function that I had added. I
added /usr/local/lib to the beginning of /etc/ld.so.conf and ran "sudo
ldconfig", and things started to work.