[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio issues with skype

Costachescu Cristinel costachescucristinel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 07:22:40 PST 2013

Hello!

I am having a lot of troubles with Skype which won't be able to play a
clean sound out of PulseAudio. I always hear noises and not synchronized audio
which leads to audio interruption when skype plays sounds or during
conversations. Sometimes it looks like the skype sound is playing fine but
at the end of the sound it continues to make clips for 1 or 2 seconds.
As I read on the web it looks like PulseAudio won't correctly buffer the
skype audio, which is why it would playback as crap.

I'm posting here because Microsoft won't give a shit in looking furthermore
in this issue and maybe making skype for Linux work fine. You instead could
have a look and see if you can make anything to make skype play sounds
correctly... maybe, make PulseAudio bypass sounds incoming from skype, send
them directly to ALSA as it would be without PulseAudio.

I have searched for 2 weeks now and I couldn't find any solution to make
skype work fine if not restoring a simple ALSA sound system where I would
loose the capability of regulating volume for separate applications... If
you have any other suggestion let me know. If it can help somehow, I'm
running Fedora 18 x64 and skype 4.1.

Thank you for your time,
T3STY