[pulseaudio-discuss] Handling JACK driver switching

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Sun Jan 27 16:38:15 PST 2013

[Adding pulseaudio-discuss back to CC.]

On Sun, 2013-01-27 at 19:57 +0000, Nathan Hulse wrote:
> No, when the system comes back up, firewire_pcm and PulseAudio JACK
> sink are completely disconnected from one-another. As the PA hooks run
> before my JACK hook at suspend and after it at resume, I anticipated
> that PA would include the connections when it saves/restores state.
> Should I created a 00_hook that uses pactl somehow to recreate the
> connections on resume?

What do the pulseaudio hooks do? If you suspend the jack sink during
system suspension and then resume it afterwards, I think it's a
reasonable expectation that the connections would be restored as they
were originally. Currently the jack code doesn't implement any such
logic... I'll file a bug.

For recreating the connection yourself, use the jack tools. The
pulseaudio tools, such as pactl, don't know anything about jack.