[pulseaudio-discuss] Handling JACK driver switching

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Sun Jan 27 21:47:09 PST 2013

Please use the "Reply to All" functionality of your mail client when
having discussions on a mailing list. I've added pulseaudio-discuss to
CC again.

On Mon, 2013-01-28 at 02:36 +0000, Nathan Hulse wrote:
> The pulse hooks are just the default ones in /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d
> that ship with pulse 2.0.

Ok, I wasn't aware of this directory (I have it too, though). If you
have pulseaudio files there, those are provided by your distribution.
Upstream pulseaudio doesn't ship any pm scripts.

> The jack backend is switched from firewire to dummy before suspend, so
> that I can unload firewire_ohci from the kernel. I load firewire_ohci
> again at resume and then switch the jack backend to firewire again.
> But this all happens inbetween pulse saving and restoring state.
>

> Manually recreating the connection with the jack tools would be a pain
> in the arse after every suspend/resume. The best solution I have found
> thus far is to suspend the jack sink/source using pacmd, and then
> reload module-jackdbus-detect in order to recreate the connections.

Can't the connection recreation be scripted? But anyway, if reloading
module-jackdbus-detect works ok for you, that's fine too. Just one
thing: does unloading module-jackdbus-detect cause the old jack sink and
source getting unloaded? I'd expect not, so don't you get duplicate jack
sinks and sources after reloading module-jackdbus-detect?