[pulseaudio-discuss] controlling loqded ladspa plugin through d-bus?

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com
Fri Jul 5 03:06:56 PDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-07-05 at 09:50 +0200, Bram de Jong wrote:
> Aha... Then how do I figure out how the api points are called? Feel free to
> RTFM me I'm a complete dbus newbie, any pointer to get me started would be
> nice...

(Please don't top-post.)

If you're a complete dbus newbie, it would perhaps be a good idea to
first get some understanding of the D-Bus concepts. I don't know what
would be a good resource for that - perhaps google for dbus tutorials,
or read the specification[1]. The specification is nice, because it
explains everything about general D-Bus stuff, but perhaps it's not an
easy read for a complete newbie.

Regarding PulseAudio's D-Bus interface, there's documentation at [2].
You should find there instructions for how to connect to PulseAudio and
a reference for the Ladspa interface.

Note that the D-Bus interface is not suitable for any serious
application. The code is not finished and nobody is working on finishing
it. The interface may change at any time without a warning (but given
that nobody is working on the code, that's pretty unlikely to happen any
time soon).

[1] http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-specification.html
[2] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/Developer/Clients/DBus/