[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulse Audio 4.0 gets killed by 300 Hz tone...never recovers

Robert Krakora rob.krakora at messagenetsystems.com
Mon Jun 24 21:03:35 PDT 2013

Hi Peter,

If I convert all four files, which sent you, to 48K then they all play fine
via PulseAudio 4.0 (no motor boating).  The frequency spectrum of the 300Hz
tone at 44.1K looked a lot different from the 300Hz tone generated by
Audacity at 44.1K.  I agree that the tone is not perfect.  However, the
other three files also play poorly on PulseAudio 4.0, but play fine on ALSA
1.0.25.

Best Regards,

Rob

--