[pulseaudio-discuss] Traktor Audio 2 profile

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Sat Mar 2 12:31:07 PST 2013

[Adding pulseaudio-discuss back to CC.]

On Sat, 2013-03-02 at 18:29 +0000, Elefant wrote:
> My current workaround to have B output to work is
> this http://pastebin.com/XrcCtgGh .asoundrc and adding this two lines
> to /etc/pulse/default/pa
>
> load-module module-alsa-sink device=TraktorAudio2_A
> load-module module-alsa-sink device=TraktorAudio2_B
>

> On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 6:25 PM, Elefant <slonltu at gmail.com> wrote:
>         Can you tell me how or give some directions? Or should I just
>         to try to
>         modify http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/tree/src/modules/alsa/mixer/profile-sets/native-instruments-audio4dj.conf ?

Yes, that should be a good base. You should create two stereo mappings,
one per output. Create as many profiles as you want different
combinations of those two outputs.

In addition to creating native-instruments-traktor-audio2.conf, you'll
need to add an entry for the card in 90-pulseaudio.rules in the same
directory (the rules file contains udev rules, which are used to apply
the right configuration file to the card automatically when it's plugged
in). Near the bottom of the file there are entries for the other Traktor
cards, so you'll just need to copy one of those and modify the idProduct
value and the configuration file name. You can find the idProduct value
for the card with "lsusb -v".