[pulseaudio-discuss] Wiki problems

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Tue Mar 19 03:16:51 PDT 2013

Hello,

The freedesktop.org admins have disabled wiki account creation and
logins for spam related reasons. If you already have a wiki account,
it's possible to get it re-enabled by asking from the admins (I got mine
re-enabled quickly after asking directly from keithp at #freedesktop in
IRC, requests that were not targeted at any particular person did not
get much attention). Creating a new wiki account is something that I
think is just not possible at this point.

The plan is to move from the MoinMoin wiki engine to ikiwiki, and if I
have understood correctly, editing will only be possible by pushing
changes through git.

This means that we don't currently have a wiki that anyone can edit, and
we won't have that in the future either unless we change the wiki
hosting service. I don't personally think having a world-editable wiki
is critically important, but I also don't oppose moving the wiki
elsewhere if there is significant demand for an open wiki.