[pulseaudio-discuss] Wish list

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Wed Mar 20 10:31:19 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-20 at 09:55 -0700, Len Ovens wrote:
> Here are some things I wish pulseaudio could do. I think they make sense
> :)

They certainly make sense. I think you have mentioned the channel
configuration idea already earlier. When I received this message, I was
in the middle of writing a GSoC project proposal related to JACK
configurability based on your ideas :)

> These are not things I expect next release or all at once for that
> matter. These all have to do with jacksink/source, jackdbus-detect and
> pavucontrol, at least from the user POV, the reality may very well be
> different. I am fully aware that pulseaudio/jack interoperability is not
> the highest priority and have no disagreement with that.

It indeed isn't the highest priority, so getting the ideas done probably
requires someone outside the core developers to offer to do the work.
The channel configuration idea seems suitable for GSoC, but the latency
and routing ideas are too small projects.

I expect there to be activity soon on the general routing handling,
which might or might not solve the JACK routing problem too.