[pulseaudio-discuss] Scarlett interface as default device

Rodolfo Thomazelli pe.soberbo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 15:01:00 PDT 2013

Seems like it worked, at least for my goals.

Like you did, I tried to make changes in " install sound-slot-0
/sbin/modprobe snd-...", but nothing really changed. So I did the changes
in "options snd-... index=-2 ". In Ubuntu's audio pane the usb device is
still not listed. But now in alsamixer the default device is the usb, and
the "mataa" software is now working with it.

In fact I can't produce sounds with "mataa", but I think that this is
another problem.  If any correlated problem appears, I'll come back for get
help.

I would like to be able to fix the problem at the root, but as I am new to the
Linux world, I would not know where to begin.

Thank you very much!