[pulseaudio-discuss] Freeze soon?

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Wed Mar 20 21:40:36 PDT 2013

On 03/20/2013 04:45 PM, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The target release date for 4.0 is 2013-04-18 (assuming 4-month release
> cycle), and that date is less than a month away. It's time to freeze
> soon. I propose 2013-03-28 as the freeze date - that would leave us 3
> weeks to polish the release.

Well, we should first release 3.1 with the stuff in the stable-3.x
branch. I think that can be done right away.

Other than that, I don't think I have any bigger objections. I would
like to push the buffer patches posted yesterday together with something
that documents maxlength as being okay to set in low-latency scenarios.
I could write that documentation patch this week if you can do some review.

Providing "real underrun" callbacks (which the drain patch lays the
foundations for) would probably have to wait until a later release.

Are we in the midst of something w r t to any other area, such as bluez?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic