[pulseaudio-discuss] Digital output volume reset, if changing output. + Problems after Verbose log

Espen Lund espen.lund at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 09:49:08 PDT 2013

Hey! I have a problem with my s/pdif output, the volume setting is reset
when i switch output.
This happens only to digital out, analog volume is saved. Here is a video
showcasing the bug:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCMXxtzw6JU&feature=youtu.be
This is happening on several soundcards: Realtek ALC889, Asus Xonar Essence
STX and X-Fi Titanium. So this must be something related to Pulseaudio/ALSA
i thought, hence posting it here. Please help me out :)

ALSO! After following the toturial for creating a verbose log, all my
output devices disappear.
Tried killing pulseaudio and restarting, it doesn't help. The only thing
helping is typing "pulseaudio -vvvv" in terminal. There must be a better
fix for this? I hate doing this manually each startup in terminal.