[pulseaudio-discuss] Manually adding a delay to a PulseAudio sink

Mike Russo mike at papersolve.com
Wed May 8 18:29:33 PDT 2013

Tanu Kaskinen <tanu.kaskinen <at> intel.com> writes:
> Pavucontrol 2.0 is able to configure the latency offset for each output
> device (see the "Advanced" section below each device). Pulseaudio 3.0 is
> required too.

That's great Tanu, I do see it. However I've only got one sound card
 and I was trying to add a delay to the headphone output jack
 where I've got an analog bluetooth transmitter that's paired
with a speaker so that it syncs with the audio output jack
 going to my amp+speakers. pavucontrol 2 does seem to save
a different latency when i switch from one port to the other
but it doesn't actually have any effect as
when I pick "audio output" it goes to both at the same
time and when i pick "headphones" it only goes
to the headphones.  When I try to use remap-sink to
separate them, it never works when i redirect input
to one or the other (sigh) and the Advanced is greyed
 out anyway. I should probably replace the analog thing with
 a digital USB transmitter, I'm only doing this because
it was originally attached to my analog amplifier's headphones
 jack, maybe then it will show up as two soundcards and I'll be able to have
separate latencies for each.