[pulseaudio-discuss] card: Only set active_profile with available profile

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Mon Nov 18 07:10:56 PST 2013

On 11/18/2013 03:51 PM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
> Im having a hard time to understand why any policy would prefer a
> profile that is less likely to work than another,

Well, the "off" profile is the most likely to work, but it also gives
significantly less functionality than the other profiles... :-)

> but perhaps we are
> not willing the mess with other parts of the code that were using this
> information in a different way. But then why we are bothering
> selecting any profile on pa_card_new? This is a policy decision and it
> seems we are not able to do a generic one so it should not even try,
> pick the first and be done with it.
>
> Anyway if pa_card_new do not select 'off' by default it pretty much
> breaks Bluetooth qualification

I'm not sure what you mean with "qualification", but it sounds like
quite a bad bug in the bluetooth code, if it can't handle that policy
modules setting the policy to anything but "off" when the card is added?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic