[pulseaudio-discuss] What-did-you-plugin-dialog

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 06:54:52 PST 2013

2013/11/27 Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at gmail.com>:
> 2013/11/27 David Henningsson <david.henningsson at canonical.com>:
>> On 11/27/2013 08:37 AM, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
>>> David Henningsson wrote:
>>>
>>> (sorry for hijacking the thread)

>>> I think there is one more functional requirement likely to appear in the
>>> future. Namely, at LCE 2013, we discussed a reimplementation of
>>> module-virtual-surround using IIR filters (that I still have to clean up
>>> before submission), and Tanu suggested that it should be activated by
>>> default for headphones, which, from my viewpoint, is reasonable. After
>>> that discussion, some complications appeared:
>>>
>>>  * My desktop PC has a Gigabyte H87N-WIFI board that allows for
>>> headphones to be plugged into the front panel. However, the Streacom FC8
>>> Evo case does not have the headphone jack on the front panel at all, so
>>> I have to plug them into the rear jack.
>>
>> This sounds like a completely different problem. I'm just guessing since
>> you didn't provide any alsa-info or similar info, but if you want your
>> rear jack to work as a headphone jack instead of a line-out jack, use
>> hda-jack-retask to do this on ALSA level. Then PulseAudio would pick
>> that up correctly. (Assuming you run a recent kernel and PA version.)
>
> Will try that when I get to that desktop.

I have added an override that the "green line out, rear side" jack is
Headphone and that the "green headphone, front side" is Not connected.
Result: PulseAudio stil thinks that there is an Analog Output port
(which works, just as before) and an unplugged Headphone port. I.e.
the net result on port names seems to be "no effect".

--
Alexander E. Patrakov