[pulseaudio-discuss] What-did-you-plugin-dialog

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 23:16:43 PST 2013

2013/11/29 Raymond Yau <superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com>:
> The logic is about
>>
>>   1) when should the dialog show up
>

> a) when user plug speaker into input jack or mic jack into output jacks
> b) when user plug headphone into line out jacks or speaker into headphone
> jacks
>
> dialog should not be popped up when user plugged the correct jacks

Does the typical Intel hardware expose the necessary information for
this? What to do if the hardware does not expose this information?

And in fact - if the "speaker/headphone" decision is based on the
resistance of the plugged-in thing, are you sure that all amplified
speakers have resistance drastically different from both headphones
and microphones? I don't have any amplified speakers with a 3.5 mm
jack, so can't test this myself.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov