[pulseaudio-discuss] Asus Xonar STX Profile Set

Commander commander.alchemy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 02:18:23 PDT 2013

Hello there.

I have an issue with getting all the functionality from my Asus Xonar STX
card working in pulseaudio.

First issue was that the default pulseaudio configuration does not detect
that the soundcard can play Analog and S/PDIF at the same time giving it
the possibility in having two sinks.

Second issue is how to play sound to S/PDIF from the Analog Line IN.

I have in my sparetime looked and tried to configure a special profile-set
for my soundcard. However i lack some of the understandings, though looking
through at wikipages and other sources i have come up with some of it
slowly. However the second issue i have no idea how to get it working.

In Windows it works by enable the monitor on Line-IN then the soundserver
there will do the rest by amplify the sound and just enable S/PDIF or
Headset to output the sound there. However i cannot find anything in
"Pulseaudio volume control" The autodetect has not created a Monitor for
LineIn for me.

Im guessing i need to make more profiles and edit the mappings to get the
rest ouf of the card but have no idea atm and would be glad if someone
could direct or somehow in any way help me with this.

Here is my current setup: (mostly default just added a profile and minor
cleanups)
https://gist.github.com/CommanderAlchemy/6411609

The Soundcard:
http://www.asus.com/Sound_Cards_and_DigitaltoAnalog_Converters/Xonar_Essence_STX/

More info about the soundcard:
http://www.digitaltrends.com/sound-card-reviews/asus-xonar-essence-stx-sound-card-review/

Also is it possible to have the gain be set for the headphones in
pulseaudio? At this moment I have it by using alsamixer.

Best regards
Artur O.
Nick Justice in #pulseaudio