[pulseaudio-discuss] Suggested coding style change for functions

João Paulo Rechi Vita jprvita at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 07:50:27 PDT 2013

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 4:23 AM, Peter Meerwald <pmeerw at pmeerw.net> wrote:

>> > Having coding style similar to other projects allow people such as
>> > myself to easier move between projects and focus on what's important:
>> > features and fixing bugs, rather than having to remember several
>> > different coding styles.
>
>> This is a good enough argument for me, so I'm not against this change.

You don't have to remember several coding styles, you just need to
properly configure your editor to handle that for you. AFAIK with the
mostly used code editors it is possible to configure coding style per
directory tree, or adding shortcuts to change between coding styles.

> I think both coding styles are sane and I suggest to NOT convert to a new
> style
>
> the 'other projects' is Gnome?
>
> there is not the ONE style and it really depends on your personal
> situation which styles you work more often with -- what's good for one
> contributer might not be for another
>
> I think such a change is just disruptive for little benefit

I agree with Peter. If we do this change now most of the codebase is
going to be incompatible with it's own coding style. And fixing that
equals throwing away all history we have so far.

--
João Paulo Rechi Vita
http://about.me/jprvita