[pulseaudio-discuss] Simultaneous Audio Out

Randy Broman rbroman at bayarea.net
Fri Sep 27 11:03:11 PDT 2013

I have an AMD system with Sabertooth 990FX motherboard, running Kubuntu
12.04 and KDE 4.11.1. Chipset is AMD990FX/SB950, and audio spec is
Realtek ALC892 8-channel Hi Def audio. I have audio outputs connected to
the analog out ports, and digital coax out to a mini-card connected to
the SPDIF-Out connector on the motherboard. Output of lshw for
multimedia is below.

Audio configuration is thru System Settings -> Multimedia -> Audio and
Video Settings and accordingly thru Phonon multimedia framework. I can
get audio out either thru Analog Stereo jacks or Digital Coax
(designated Digital Stereo IEC958) jack, but I can't get output thru
both simultaneously, and I can't find anything in Audio and Video
Settings to do so. It must be possible, as this is a Windows/Linux
dual-boot system, and I get simultaneous audio output with Windows.

Can someone tell me how to configure my Kubuntu system for simultaneous
audio output?

Thx, Gus

*-multimedia
product: SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)
vendor: Hynix Semiconductor (Hyundai Electronics)
physical id: 14.2
bus info: pci at 0000:00:14.2
version: 40
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: bus_master cap_list
configuration: driver=snd_hda_intel latency=32
resources: irq:16 memory:fe600000-fe603fff