[pulseaudio-discuss] Simultaneous Audio Out

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 20:37:40 PDT 2013

> I have an AMD system with Sabertooth 990FX motherboard, running Kubuntu
12.04 and KDE 4.11.1. Chipset is AMD990FX/SB950, and audio spec is Realtek
ALC892 8-channel Hi Def audio. I have audio outputs connected to the analog
out ports, and digital coax out to a mini-card connected to the SPDIF-Out
connector on the motherboard. Output of lshw for multimedia is below.

http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/commit/?id=9a08160bdbe3148a405f72798f76e2a5d30bd243

Have you turn on " IEC958 Default PCM" using alsamixer -c0 ?

> Audio configuration is thru System Settings -> Multimedia -> Audio and
Video Settings and accordingly thru Phonon multimedia framework. I can get
audio out either thru Analog Stereo jacks or Digital Coax (designated
Digital Stereo IEC958) jack, but I can't get output thru both
simultaneously, and I can't find anything in Audio and Video Settings to do
so. It must be possible, as this is a Windows/Linux dual-boot system, and I
get simultaneous audio output with Windows.