[pulseaudio-discuss] Patch review status wiki page updated

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 06:34:35 PDT 2014

17.04.2014 18:51, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-04-17 at 17:09 +0600, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
>> 17.04.2014 15:14, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
>>> Patch review status updated:
>>> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/PatchStatus/
>>
>> I cannot find this patch in any section of the wiki page:
>>
>> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.audio.pulseaudio.general/19868
>>
>> The patch is still relevant.
>
> Hmm, I thought it wasn't relevant, because it turned out that people do
> care about module-equalizer-sink. In my understanding the point of the
> patch was that it would be the first step in getting the code removed
> from the tree, the next step would happen if we didn't get any
> complaints about this (but we already did). The warning text in the
> patch suggests this intention too:
>
> "The module will be removed if nobody steps up to rewrite it."
>
> I don't think that statement is true.

Thanks for the explanation of your viewpoint. OK, let's throw that patch
off the table and give the author a chance to improve the code
(especially since he knows about the objections), but I will resubmit it
after the next release if nothing changes.

My viewpoint is still that the current code is broken beyond repair, and
I cannot fix it, either.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov