[pulseaudio-discuss] Bluetooth headset help needed

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com
Tue Dec 30 12:46:57 PST 2014

On Sat, 2014-12-27 at 20:01 +0100, Georg Chini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I bought a new headset (Plantronics Backbeat Pro) and cannot get it working
> properly. Probably I am missing something stupid.
>
> When I use the native headset backend, HSP/HFP is working fine but I get
> "not connected" log messages when I try to switch to a2dp.
> With the ofono backend, a2dp works fine, but I get "not connected" log
> messages for HSP/HFP.
> With the native backend, the HFP profile connects when I power on the
> headset.
> With the ofono backend the headset connects at power on but is immediately
> disconnected.
> So I am stuck. I tried all variations of restarts, removing and pairing
> the device
> again, recompiled ofono and pulse from current git, but it is always the
> same
> picture.
> I would like to get it working with the ofono backend because I also
> connect my
> mobile to the computer. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

No idea.

> BTW, is module-bluetooth-discover not supposed to automatically use the
> ofono
> backend when ofonod is running? It does not do so on my machine, I have to
> specify it.

module-bluez5-discover doesn't check whether ofonod is running before
deciding between the native and ofono backends (perhaps it should do
such checking, but I know there are people who would disagree with
that). If you disable the native backend altogether when building
PulseAudio, then the ofono backend will be enabled without needing to
explicitly tell module-bluetooth-discover to do so.