[pulseaudio-discuss] Networked pulseaudio problems

Laurențiu Nicola lnicola at dend.ro
Tue Feb 18 07:10:36 PST 2014

Hello,

Are you using RTP or the native protocol? I'm having this kind of
difficulties with RTP, but in my case it's caused by the WiFi latency
jitter. While the throughput is clearly enough for audio, my network has
latency spikes high enough to -- I assume -- confuse the clock skew
estimation in module-rtp-recv. [1] seems to be talking about the same
issue, and I think the patch from that repository reverts the code to a
much older version.

The effect is sometimes the audio cutting off about once a second --
even minutes after the spike has passed -- and sometimes stopping
completely. When it stops, I have to restart PA.

Can you try this over a wired connection?

Regards,
Laurentiu

[1] https://fruit.je/mpd-rtp , see the "Setting up the clients" section.