[pulseaudio-discuss] Make PulseAudio listen only on loopback ?

Michael DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 05:56:52 PDT 2014

Hi guys,

So with X2Go's 2 clients for Windows (the regular "X2Go Client", and
"PyHoca-GUI"), we start pulseaudio.exe with a script like this one:

load-module module-native-protocol-tcp port=4713 auth-cookie=\.pulse-cookie
load-module module-esound-protocol-tcp port=4714
load-module module-waveout

This causes pulseaudio.exe to listen on all network interfaces. It
also causes a Windows Firewall prompt, which is a nuisance to users.

However, with X2Go, there is an option to tunnel all the sound traffic
over SSH. So when this option is set, we only need to pusleaudio.exe
to listen on loopback. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Mike DePaulo
Windows Maintainer for X2Go