[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio only recognises 3 of my 4 cards after reboot

David Schlosser davidlschlosser at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 03:17:54 PDT 2014

Hi

I'm new here & to pulseaudio, so I hope this is the right place for asking
about my problem. I'm using Pulseaudio v4.0

I have an internal sound card and also 3 USB DACs connected - When I boot,
all 4 of these devices are listed by 'aplay -l', but, Pulseaudio as
reported by  'pacmd list-cards' only shows 3 cards.

However, after I then run 'alsa force-reload', and re-run pacmd list-cards,
it will correctly show all four devices until I next reboot.

What's happening here & how do I ensure Pulseaudio finds all 4 cards on a
reboot.

thanks, David