[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio test suite failures

Felipe Sateler fsateler at debian.org
Mon Jul 28 13:33:43 PDT 2014

Hi,

In the latest version of pulseaudio in Debian I enabled the test suite
at build time. Unfortunately, this resulted in failures in almost all
builds[1]. Several test failures occurred due to timeouts, which I
think could be fixed by simply extending the timeout period. These are
either in the thread or volume tests. However, many tests failed due
to assertions:

On freebsd, we couldn't build:

Debian does not #define __FreeBSD__ but instead defines
__FreeBSD_kernel__. This seems to have changed recently. I don't know
if real FreeBSD defines the kernel variant, but

On hurd-i386:

tests/get-binary-name-test.c:44:F:getbinaryname:getbinaryname_test:0: Failed

On armel:

tests/mix-test.c:266:F:mix:mix_test:0: Assertion '*u == *v' failed

On Powerpc:

tests/mix-test.c:180:F:mix:mix_test:0: Assertion '*u == *v' failed

On s390x:

tests/mix-test.c:180:F:mix:mix_test:0: Assertion '*u == *v' failed

On mips:

tests/mix-test.c:180:F:mix:mix_test:0: Assertion '*u == *v' failed

On sparc:

tests/mix-test.c:180:F:mix:mix_test:0: Assertion '*u == *v' failed

So, I would like to know if the test suite here is flagging real
errors, or perhaps I should disable the test suite on the debian
package?

I may need to disable it anyway because on some archs the thread-test
seems to take just too long (or perhaps there is a race?). But I
thought I should report here the results anyway.

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=pulseaudio&ver=5.0-3&suite=sid

--

Saludos,
Felipe Sateler