[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio test suite failures

Peter Meerwald pmeerw at pmeerw.net
Thu Jul 31 23:14:12 PDT 2014

Hello,

> In the latest version of pulseaudio in Debian I enabled the test suite
> at build time. Unfortunately, this resulted in failures in almost all

thanks for reporting!

> builds[1]. Several test failures occurred due to timeouts, which I
> think could be fixed by simply extending the timeout period. These are
> either in the thread or volume tests. However, many tests failed due
> to assertions:

I'm trying to reproduce (which is tedious); it would be easier if one
could investigate the build machines...

> On freebsd, we couldn't build:
>
> Debian does not #define __FreeBSD__ but instead defines
> __FreeBSD_kernel__. This seems to have changed recently. I don't know
> if real FreeBSD defines the kernel variant, but

> On hurd-i386:
>
> tests/get-binary-name-test.c:44:F:getbinaryname:getbinaryname_test:0: Failed

gah, I'm not going to install hurd :)
this tests one function, pa_get_binary_name() in src/pulse/util.c, if
/proc/self/exe exists, an #ifdef could be added for hard

I think pa_mix_s24_32re_c() is simply wrong, and has never worked; it
should advance m->ptr by sizeof(int32_t), not 3 -- will submit a fix and
update the test code

> On armel:
>
> tests/mix-test.c:266:F:mix:mix_test:0: Assertion '*u == *v' failed
>
> On Powerpc:
>
> tests/mix-test.c:180:F:mix:mix_test:0: Assertion '*u == *v' failed
>
> On s390x:
>
> tests/mix-test.c:180:F:mix:mix_test:0: Assertion '*u == *v' failed
>
> On mips:
>
> tests/mix-test.c:180:F:mix:mix_test:0: Assertion '*u == *v' failed
>
> On sparc:
>
> tests/mix-test.c:180:F:mix:mix_test:0: Assertion '*u == *v' failed

> I may need to disable it anyway because on some archs the thread-test
> seems to take just too long (or perhaps there is a race?). But I
> thought I should report here the results anyway.

is this emulated or real hardware; some tests take long, so we could just
increase the allowed time

--

Peter Meerwald
+43-664-2444418 (mobile)