[pulseaudio-discuss] Rtkit and PulseAudio rlimit_rttime mismatch

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Fri Jun 27 01:37:17 PDT 2014

Hi,

Ricardo just noticed that a bug fixed in rtkit 0.11 causes a mismatch
between PulseAudio and RtKit.

In short, PulseAudio sets its default RLIMIT_RTTIME to one second, and
rtkit by default refuses to give realtime priority to anything above 200 ms.

So, should we change rtkit to allow an RLIMIT_RTTIME of one second, or
modify PulseAudio to have itself killed after 200 ms of rtprio? Opinions?

(And btw, any chance we can deprecate rtkit altogether sometime, given a
recent systemd and kernel?)

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic