[pulseaudio-discuss] module-tunnel-sink-new not working in PA 5.0 for me

Harri R episyron at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 00:20:38 PST 2014

Hi,

I am streaming audio from my desktop PC to Rasberry Pi (both running Arch)
with module-tunnel-sink through wifi and it has been working quite well in
PA 4.0. So I wanted to try out module-tunnel-sink-new with PA 5.0, but
could not get it work: playback is stuck and no traffic in wifi. Does it
need somehow different configuration? I have in default.pa in the sending
end

load-module module-tunnel-sink-new server="192.168.1.225"

and in receiving end

load-module module-native-protocol-tcp auth-ip-acl=127.0.0.1;192.168.1.0/24

The tunnel appears in the list of output devices.

By the way, the old module-tunnel-sink has been working so far very well in
PA 5.0. Haven't tested it for long yet, but it seems to be working better
than in PA 4.0.

Harri