[pulseaudio-discuss] module-tunnel-sink-new not working in PA 5.0 for me
tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com
Fri Mar 7 02:09:21 PST 2014
On Tue, 2014-03-04 at 10:20 +0200, Harri R wrote:
> I am streaming audio from my desktop PC to Rasberry Pi (both running Arch)
> with module-tunnel-sink through wifi and it has been working quite well in
> PA 4.0. So I wanted to try out module-tunnel-sink-new with PA 5.0, but
> could not get it work: playback is stuck and no traffic in wifi. Does it
> need somehow different configuration?
No, the configuration of the new modules is supposed to be fully
compatible with the old modules.
> I have in default.pa in the sending
> load-module module-tunnel-sink-new server="192.168.1.225"
> and in receiving end
> load-module module-native-protocol-tcp auth-ip-acl=127.0.0.1;192.168.1.0/24
> The tunnel appears in the list of output devices.
Does the tunnel appear as a stream on Raspi?
Could you get logs from both machines?
1) remove module-tunnel-sink(-new) from default.pa if you have it there
2) disable autospawning on Raspi and the PC:
echo autospawn = no > ~/.config/pulse/client.conf
2) start pulseaudio on Raspi and the PC with "pulseaudio -vvv"
3) Load the tunnel on the PC:
pactl load-module module-tunnel-sink-new server=192.168.1.225
4) Try to play something:
5) Stop pulseaudio on Raspi and the PC with Ctrl-C.
6) Save the logs and put them to some pastebin (they're probably too
large to get through to the mailing list as attachments).
More information about the pulseaudio-discuss