[pulseaudio-discuss] sticky output device / cant select profile

Haarman haarman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 15:30:10 PDT 2014

Hi,

When configuring my kubuntu 1310 system for hdmi 7.1 audio I run in some
strange behaviour. When I select the the 'Off' entry from the default
profiles in Volume control under the configuration tab the device still
appears under the Output Devices tab and is selectable as a playback device
on the Playback tab.

Sometimes I do not even get a list of profiles when I click on the dropdown
box on the Configuration tab. When I am able to select something else some
options will give this warning in syslog:

pulseaudio[2836]: [pulseaudio] module-zeroconf-publish.c:
avahi_entry_group_add_service_strlst(): Local name collision

Anybody knows how to fix this? Do I need to supply specific output?

thx

hm