[pulseaudio-discuss] sticky output device / cant select profile

Daniel windseeker at gmx.de
Mon Mar 10 17:20:21 PDT 2014

Maybe you have another HDMI device in your system? e.g. on mine I have HDMI
Audio coming from the nvidia driver as well as from the intel HDA codec.

As my display is attached to the decent nvidia card, I don't need the HDMI
of the Ivy Bridge internal GPU. So I disabled this.

A root do:

echo "blacklist snd_hda_codec_hdmi" >/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-hdmi.conf

and reboot. To roll back, just delete this file.