[pulseaudio-discuss] sticky output device / cant select profile

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com
Wed Mar 12 01:45:00 PDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-03-11 at 20:52 +0100, Haarman wrote:
> I actually like to use the onboard hdmi for audio and also would like to
> fix the previous issue. The output device still sticky. Attached is the
> output of pactl list.

So what are the different issues that you're having?

The one that I'm most interested in is that if you select the "Off"
profile, then there's still an output device. In the "pactl list" output
there were three cards, two NVidia cards and one Intel card. The NVidia
cards were set to the "Off" profile and the Intel card was set to a
stereo profile. There was no sinks for the NVidia cards and one sink for
the Intel card, so nothing seemed to be wrong. Are you saying that if
you now set the Intel card to "Off" too, then the Intel card sink is
still visible in pavucontrol?