[pulseaudio-discuss] Merging soxr (was: Re: Patch review status wiki page updated)

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Tue Nov 18 06:14:33 PST 2014

On 2014-11-18 14:46, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> Add support for libsoxr resampler: David's objection about overriding
> pa_resampler_request is 100% valid, and the patchset cannot be merged
> without taking it into account.

Well, the result will be inoptimal rather than completely not working
without a working pa_resampler_request (especially given that Andrey
seems to be satisfied with the current behaviour). If we're given fewer
samples back than we expected, we'll just go through another round of
resampling/mixing/etc, which I assume is what happens here.

We could also statically add "20 ms" to pa_resampler_request (only in
case soxr is selected, of course) and see if that gives a better result
from an optimality perspective.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic