[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio and OpenAL games: AL lib: pulseaudio.c:331: PulseAudio returned minreq > tlength/2; expect break up

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Tue Sep 16 13:25:14 PDT 2014

Hello!

Any solution for this?

When playing PlaneShift through Pulseaudio while PlaneShift is setup to use
OpenAL as sound renderer  I get:

AL lib: pulseaudio.c:331: PulseAudio returned minreq > tlength/2; expect break
up

and well badly stuttering sound.

No matter whether trying with internal Intel HDA audio in ThinkPad T520 or
really nicely sounding JBL Pebbles USB speakers.

The have a aux in cinch. But when I try this Pulseaudio mutes audio while
setting to headphone.

Without Pulseaudio neither phonon backend gstreamer and vlc work with the
speakers. Gstreamer just says they are not working. VLC plays from internal
laptop audio.

This is just a short description.

I can try to provide more information, but first I would like to know, is there
any suggestion regarding unstutter openal games? I did not found many hits for
this via search machine, but a forum entry at steam forum just suggested
switching openal output to alsa.

Ciao,