[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio and OpenAL games: AL lib: pulseaudio.c:331: PulseAudio returned minreq > tlength/2; expect break up

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Tue Sep 16 13:46:37 PDT 2014

Am Dienstag, 16. September 2014, 22:25:14 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Hello!
>
> Any solution for this?
>
> When playing PlaneShift through Pulseaudio while PlaneShift is setup to use
> OpenAL as sound renderer  I get:
>
> AL lib: pulseaudio.c:331: PulseAudio returned minreq > tlength/2; expect
> break up
>
> and well badly stuttering sound.
>
> No matter whether trying with internal Intel HDA audio in ThinkPad T520 or
> really nicely sounding JBL Pebbles USB speakers.
>

> The have a aux in cinch. But when I try this Pulseaudio mutes audio while
> setting to headphone.

Well that wouldn´t help either… cause… well with internal laptop audio the
stuttering also happens. So it does not seem to be related on USB audio.

> Without Pulseaudio neither phonon backend gstreamer and vlc work with the
> speakers. Gstreamer just says they are not working. VLC plays from internal
> laptop audio.
>

> This is just a short description.
>
> I can try to provide more information, but first I would like to know, is

Well the PulseAudio version would be good: It was 5.0-6 debian package.

Still hoping that one day as happened with network-manager, once I try out
PulseAudio I can just keep it, instead of purging it again. Network Manager is
good to go for me since quite a while, PulseAudio still not, but I am willing
to give this a try, as I want these stunning JBL Pebbles to work (never heard
that sound for that price for the speakers, they completely abolish any usual
PC speaker stuff).

Ciao,