[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio and OpenAL games: AL lib: pulseaudio.c:331: PulseAudio returned minreq > tlength/2; expect break up

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Wed Sep 17 02:05:41 PDT 2014

On 2014-09-16 22:25, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Any solution for this?
>
> When playing PlaneShift through Pulseaudio while PlaneShift is setup to use
> OpenAL as sound renderer  I get:
>
> AL lib: pulseaudio.c:331: PulseAudio returned minreq > tlength/2; expect break
> up
>
> and well badly stuttering sound.

I'm not very familiar with OpenAL, and a quick look through the source
(in Ubuntu 14.04) did not show any such warning message.

So I'm not sure what that warning means, and if the error is in OpenAL
or in PulseAudio.

In theory, any application should be able deal with big minreqs and
tlengths. In practice I know we've had issues with tlengths increasing
gradually in the past, and I'm not sure all those issues have been root
caused.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic