[pulseaudio-discuss] module-role-cork and mp3s

Mikhail Morfikov mmorfikov at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 00:33:24 PDT 2015

On 2015-08-14 01:14, Georg Chini wrote:
> On 13.08.2015 23:29, Mikhail Morfikov wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> you could try if my patches
>>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.audio.pulseaudio.general/23189
>>> solve the problem because the patches combine module-role-cork
>>> and module-role-ducking (and I believe they should mute/cork a stream
>>> when it appears).
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>              Georg
>> I've tested the patches, but nothing has changed.
>>
> That's strange because with the patches both modules share the
> same code. So I would have expected that they behave equally.
> Can you check if there is any difference between the two cases by
> running pulseaudio with debugging? There should be a line in the
> log each time the module interacts with a stream.
>
> Georg

I've compared the debug logs in both cases (with and without patches)
and checked whether they're different in any point. There are 3
occurrences of stream-interaction.c in the log with patches:

D: [pulseaudio] stream-interaction.c: Using role 'phone' as trigger role.
D: [pulseaudio] stream-interaction.c: Using roles 'music' and 'video' as cork roles.
D: [pulseaudio] stream-interaction.c: Found a 'phone' stream that corks/mutes a 'video' stream.

And there's also:

D: [pulseaudio] sink-input.c: The mute of sink input 0 changed from no to yes.

And that's it. I can provide you with the full logs if you needed them.