[pulseaudio-discuss] module-role-cork and mp3s

Georg Chini georg at chini.tk
Fri Aug 14 01:18:58 PDT 2015

On 14.08.2015 09:33, Mikhail Morfikov wrote:

> On 2015-08-14 01:14, Georg Chini wrote:

>>> I've tested the patches, but nothing has changed.
>>>
>> That's strange because with the patches both modules share the
>> same code. So I would have expected that they behave equally.
>> Can you check if there is any difference between the two cases by
>> running pulseaudio with debugging? There should be a line in the
>> log each time the module interacts with a stream.
>>
>> Georg

> I've compared the debug logs in both cases (with and without patches)
> and checked whether they're different in any point. There are 3
> occurrences of stream-interaction.c in the log with patches:
>
> D: [pulseaudio] stream-interaction.c: Using role 'phone' as trigger role.
> D: [pulseaudio] stream-interaction.c: Using roles 'music' and 'video' as cork roles.
> D: [pulseaudio] stream-interaction.c: Found a 'phone' stream that corks/mutes a 'video' stream.
>
> And there's also:
>
> D: [pulseaudio] sink-input.c: The mute of sink input 0 changed from no to yes.
>
> And that's it. I can provide you with the full logs if you needed them.

I was rather thinking about a comparison between module-role-cork
and module-role-ducking with the patches because they behave differently
even though the code is exactly the same. I would expect, that when you
compare the log messages there should be no difference except that it
says "cork" for one module and "duck" for the other.

One reason I can think of why there is a problem with role-cork but not with
role-ducking is that the new stream might still be corked when the
sink_input
is put. So role-cork sees the stream as corked and does nothing but the
application uncorks the stream at a later time.

Regards
              Georg