[pulseaudio-discuss] module-remap-sink not working for surround card

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 19:23:44 PST 2015

> I want to split the different outputs ports of my surround card to
different sinks. For this, I'm trying to use module-remap-sink with the
following lines in my /etc/pulse/default.pa:

> load-module module-remap-sink sink_name=speakers remix=no
master=alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-surround-51 channels=2
master_channel_map=front-left,front-right channel_map=front-left,front-right
> load-module module-remap-sink sink_name=headphones remix=no
master=alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-surround-51 channels=2
master_channel_map=rear-left,rear-right   channel_map=front-left,front-right

For multiple stereo streams , it is better done in driver if your desktop
are using intel hda controller which may support four SDO which allow you
to playback four streams concurrently

   gcap = azx_readw(chip, GCAP);
dev_dbg(card->dev, "chipset global capabilities = 0x%x\n", gcap);

Compile the debug version driver and check the global capabilities to find
out the number of SDO and SDI