[pulseaudio-discuss] module-remap-sink not working for surround card

Martin Klein martin.klein.de at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 05:42:41 PST 2015

> It sounds like the surround51 alsa device isn't working as it should.
> What if you try "speaker-test -D surround51:0 -c 6 -t wav"? Does it work
> as expected?

This is working as expected (i.e. the from the rear output I hear
"rear left, rear right" and from my front output I hear "front").
However, changing the volumes of rear in pavucontrol still doesn't
change anyting. Changing the volume of front effects all output
channels. In alsamixer, changing the volume of rear and front works as
expected.