[pulseaudio-discuss] Best way to add a delay to playback

hector at convivencial.org hector at convivencial.org
Thu Jun 11 13:58:34 PDT 2015

Hello,

I would like to add a 2-5 second delay to the sound playback from a
stream.

That is, the sound comes out from an application at time X, and the
sound can be heard from my speakers at X+5 secs.

Is this possible somehow? I have been trying to play with the latency
offset without much luck, plus it only seems to allow a maximum of 2000
msecs.

Of course, most of the internet is trying to find how to eliminate
latency, not how to create it, so I haven't found anything useful.

Thanks in advance,

Hector